Start or Buy a U.S. Business

Is your dream to start or own a business in the United States?  If so, there are several options available to you.

  • The United States has treaties with several countries that allow its citizens to apply for E-1 or E-2 visas. These visas allow you to invest in a U.S. business and subsequently travel to the U.S. to manage and direct your business.  Your spouse, and your child(ren) under the age of 21, would also travel to the U.S. as dependents.  Your spouse will also be allowed to work in the U.S.
  • If you are not a citizen from a treaty country, or if you already have a business in your home country and want to expand into the U.S., you could apply for an L-1A visa.   An L-1A visa requires you to be a manager or executive in your business.  Your spouse,and your child(ren) under the age of 21, could also travel to the U.S. in L-2 status.  An L-2 visa would allow your spouse to work in the U.S.

E-1 and E-2 visas do not directly lead to green cards,but can be renewed indefinitely as long as you continue to own and operate your business under U.S. law.  L-1A visas are limited to 7 years.  However, within that time 7-year time period you may qualify for a green card based on your employment.

If you want to start or buy a business in the United States, we would love to talk to you!


Schedule a Consultation

Every case is different, and success depends on the facts of your case. That’s why we start every case with a consultation where an attorney reviews your case and looks for solutions. To schedule a consultation, call us at (423) 402-0608 or use the Contact Us form below.

Contact Us

Let's talk about your needs and how we can help